Where did the time go!? It’s just two weeks until the third annual #InternationalDayOfU2!
You know the drill by now:
Do anything U2-ey on September 25 to show your love for and celebrate this amazing band and all they have given to us over the years and post pictures and updates on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. using the hashtags #InternationalDayOfU2 and #U2Day19. Need some ideas? Here are a few:
- Listen to, watch, and/or play U2 music / films throughout the day, all day (like we don’t already do this most days, am I right???);
- Wear your U2, whatever that might be (t-shirts, jewelry, nail decals, etc etc.) (If you wear a U2 shirt as part of your U2 day celebrations, add the hashtag #U2T0925 for U2 World Shirt Day.)
- Post a statement / paragraph / thesis on what this band means to you;
- Share your art / craft work, of or inspired by U2;
- Bake a U2 cake…
It’s really that easy – but if you want to take it even further, here are a few more involved ideas you can plan for September 25:
- Volunteer at your favourite charity / change the world somehow in the name of U2 (check my post on U2-related organizations from last year for links to donation and take action pages).
- Host a twitter-viewing party for a U2 film / YouTube playlist, like atU2.com did for the Live at Red Rocks anniversary. (This was seriously so much fun!);
- If you are in a U2 Tribute Band, hold a gig on September 25;
- Arrange Fan Meet-ups at your local Irish pub (or wherever), ask them to play some U2;
- Contact your local theatre and see how possible it would be for them to get and play Rattle and Hum and / or U2 3D on the day (or around the day) (Can we do this with non-theatrically-released dvds?);
- Contact your radio stations and ask them to announce the day and play a few songs in a row or feature U2 on whichever relevant program they might have.
Whatever you do, wherever you are, whomever you are with, use social media to share that love. so we can all bathe in all the admiration around the world.
Need more ideas? Check out my post from 2017 on the many reasons I love U2 – (these were thoughts, music and photos I posted throughout the day in celebration) and search the hashtags #U2Day17, #U2Day2018 and #InternationalDayOfU2 on social media to see what fans did.
I’ve also created a Facebook Event for U2 Day 2019 so you can have a reminder and connect with other fans who are joining in the fun.
Why September 25? Check out my original post prosing the Day.
Please pass this around – let’s get the word out and make the Second Annual U2 Day a Beautiful Day!!